August 7, 2006
Top 10 Posts
- Sorry, Todd – You are a monkey’s uncle
- Weekend Escape – Edie Brickell
- Hopkins wants City to Sale Trillium
- County dumps on City again
- PNJ has shrunk
- Stidham stalls
- Can you pass Eighth Grade math?
- Rick’s Analysis of Pensacola City races
- Stop the madness! Testing Pre-K
- Inside Emerald Coastkeeper Fundraiser
August 5, 2006
George Touart, Escambia County administrator, has positioned the City of Pensacola into a corner on the ECAT budget (City may cut ECAT funding), and the PNJ helped him with this article. Once again the PNJ forgets to mention the Escambia Budget has a $31 million increase in property tax revenue.
Councilman Jack Nobles is correct. Taxpayers in Pensacola are paying twice – both with their City and County tax dollars. The City Commuters are county residents – which means 100% of the riders live in Escambia County
The trick to Escambia County politics is reading in between the lines. Of course, Touart accepted the ECAT funding recommendation – it only has him paying 68% of the ECAT budget.