Gannett shares its wealth…sort of
September 14, 2006
Gannett has given 7 grants to local charities – total $30,500
- Pensacola Habitat for Humanity: $10,000
- Belmont Arts and Cultural Board: $5,000
- South Santa Rosa Interfaith Ministries: $5,000
- Families Count: $3,500
- Lifeline Outreach International: $2,500
- Baptist Healthcare Foundation:$2,500
- Pace Library: $2,000
The Gannett Foundation grants are down from 2005 when the media giant gave $25,000 to Rebuild Northwest Florida and an addtitional $29,432 to six other non-profits.
In 2004, Gannett saw its revenue jump up 10% last year and its net income had a $100 million gain. Last year,total operating revenues rose 4.3 percent to $7.6 billion, a new record. Net income was only $1.21 billion.
We appreciate Gannett sharing .000025416666666666666 of its profits with the community.