Gulf1.com blasted again….only reply he’s not listening.
August 29, 2006
Roger MacDonald tried to take “Dr. Wallace” AKA Mike West to task. Again his points fell on deaf ears – West doesn’t want anything to happen until the plant is moved so he makes up questions to avoid the criticism. (Be sure to read my note at the end)
2473 Maritime Park by Roger MacDonald
Boy, are you screwed up! How much will your personal taxes go up if the park is built? How will your taxes change if it isn’t built? The answer is the same – zippo. Do you think that Charleston, SC, Chattanooga, Greenville, SC, Montgomery, and Louisville are all stupid? Don’t you think that it’s interesting that they, and scores of other communities, have recently built downtown and/or waterfront developments that include baseball stadiums? Your negative campaign of innuendos and distortions is despicable.
Strong letter follows.
Dr. Wallace: I sure hope your strong letter answers these questions:
* Of the cities you named above, how many have a working sewer plant less 100 yards from their development projects?
* How many people do you think will go to a baseball game at the waterfront park on an evening when the breeze is blowing from the Main Street Sewer Plant?
* How many people do you think will attend a concert at the waterfront park on an evening when the breeze is blowing from the Main Street Sewer Plant?
* Do you really think that people will want to go swimming in Pensacola Bay where the Main Street Sewer main discharges?
* Do you know how much of the 1-1/2 mile water front will be available for the public, and how much will be restricted for UWF use?
* If the vast majority of citizens of Escambia County are decidedly against spending over 280 million dollars to move the Main Street Sewer Plant, do you really think the plant will be move in the next 2 years? How about 5 years. The truth is more likely 10 years, if all!
All the time the sewer plant continues to stymie the waterfront park projects. If you can solve the moving of the sewer plant first, then I will join you on the park. If you cannot then you are wasting your time.
RO NOTE: This is a real unique method of arguing. My 13 year old daughter tries to do the same thing. “I’m not going to talk about my homework – until you say I can go to the movie.”
West (“Dr. Wallace”) wants everyone to link the Community Maritime Park proposal to the relocation of the Main Street Sewage Treatment plant. Why? ? Because HE believes the two are tied together. It doesn’t matter what anyone else thinks…
What’s sad is by doing so and then predicting it will take 10 years to move the ECUA plant, West wants Pensacola to stay in suspension for a decade.