Miller cuts pork – per GOP PAC
August 1, 2006
The Club for Growth is a GOP political action committee that endorses Rep. candidates that back the Bush administration tax cuts and they claim support small business.
Here are the policies:
- Making the Bush tax cuts permanent
- Death tax repeal
- Cutting and limiting government spending
- Social Security reform with personal retirement accounts
- Expanding free trade
- Legal reform to end abusive lawsuits
- Replacing the current tax code
- School choice
- Regulatory reform and deregulation
The group identified 19 bills that they see as being aimed at cleaning up the appropriations process and making it harder for Congress to slip earmarks (pork barrel projects)through the appropriations process.The Club for Growth has a scorecard of how each Congressman voted on these bills. In each case, a ‘YES’ vote is a vote against pork and a vote to clean up the Congressional appropriations process.
Our Congressman, Jeff Miller, scored 15 out of 19 ‘Yes’ votes. Club for Growth loves Jeff.