Healthcare for some, Part 2
July 31, 2006
The proposed budget for Escambia County (2006-2007) is available on their website. It’s not the easiest to read. However, I see no increase in public health expenditures
The public health unit proposed budget $395,000 – down from $398,993.
Health & Life insurance of County Employees (excluding the Consitutional offices) is up $589,760 to $7,206,860.
Let me summarize:
- County property tax revenue up $31 million.
- Budget increases $15 million.
- Reserves increase $17 million.
- County employee health insurance increases to $7.2 million.
- Public health spending decreases $4000.
Can any one figure out why Escambia is the unhealthiest county in the state?